Friday, March 27, 2009

Dear Dr. Wellhouse,

Sometimes when I sweat "down there" it smells really...

NO WAIT! This is my blog!

Right.

Okay...

I'm having a fairly awesome week so far. I'm about halfway through this great book called Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach! It's sort of a science-minded persons journey through science's attempts to prove or disprove the Other Side. Very skeptical and very fun read!

Then, on the opposite side of the coin, I'm also reading a book written by the guy who coined the term "the Other Side of Life" (or "Other Side" for short), Dr. Hans Holzer. The guy is the original ghost hunter (I don't know if he coined that term, too, but they were calling him that back in the 1970s). His first book about his exploits came out in 1963 (according to Wikipedia, but you know how that goes...). The dude's a living legend in the field! People like Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson grew up reading Dr. Holzer's work!

The book I'm reading is Houses of Horror, which is sort of an unfair title from what I've read so far. I've only read the into and one of the stories, and it doesn't seem to be a sensationalistic look at his cases. It's just the way hauntings go.

So far, anyway. I haven't really gotten far into it because I've been wrapped up in Spook.

Also, have you heard U2's new album, No Line On The Horizon yet? VERY cool! :) I wasn't all that into All That You Can't Leave Behind (I absolutely loved a few of the songs, and really didn't feel much for the rest), but these last 2 albums have been priceless, I think! :D

The first single off this album, "Get Your Boots On", doesn't do much for me, but I love most of the rest of the album!!!

And that's kind of the highlights of what I've been up to lately. You can bet I'll check in again if anything else groovy happens! ;)

No comments: