Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Li'l Bro Rules! :D

Sorry it's been a while. It's been hectic. Fraudulent charges on the credit card kept me awake for WELL TOO LONG yesterday. The day before that a storm knocked out our power and screwed up my alarm clock, so I woke up to a co-worker calling... an HOUR after I should have been at work, lol. I got to work an hour and a half late, so I had to stay an hour and a helf late to get that time back.

Then today...

Today's been okay, actually. :)

[Total Sidebar here: When I spell out the word "okay" my computer marks it as a misspelling. Which is well weird because for 35 of my 36 years of life "ok" or "OK" were the misspellings, and "okay" was the accepted spelling. But now, whatever Spell Check program my blog utilizes only recognizes "OK" as a proper was to spell the word. I'm getting OLD, lol.]

I went to sleep after watching FININD NEVERLAND -- which is an ASTOUDING movie, no matter how many times you watch it!!! Work was long, but even-keel. Yesterday was Payday, so I was able to wake up and eat Taco Bell for breakfast -- which is a luxury for me, hehe. And at work I even found time to do something very silly...


When SUPERMAN RETURNS came out, one of the downloads the official website offered was stationary from the Daily Planet, with the Planet's logo at the top and "From the Desk of..." just below. It looks like official business letterhead, and you cand print it out (ive you've got a good enough printer) and write a note written on letterhead that reads "From the desk Of Clark Kent" or "...Lois Lane" or "...Jimmy Olsen".

Very cool! :)

But I -- being the digital-image-manipulator that I am -- changed it to read "From the desk of Brian Edwards" and "From the Desk of Ray Jay Edwards" because I thought that would be some way-cool stationary!

But there's only one printer at work (Brian's and my printers don't work at the moment) that could print our the Daily Planet logo convincingly.

And I had just enough down-time in my shift tonight to experiment.

I came away with 25 great copies of Daily Planet letterhead "From the Desk of..." Brian and me!

On my way home from work I stopped by Walmart. I needed to buy a battery-operated alarm clock, so I thought I'd search for some Superman folders to put the letterhead in. I didn't find any. :( (Apparently, Superman is SO 2006. 2007 is all about SPIDER-MAN and PIRATES it would appear.) But I did find these cool clipboards that are designed to store paper and pens in, as well as write on! And they had that prime blue color that one generally associates with Superman's costume! So I bought a couple of those. More than a couple of folders would have cost, but more versatile!

(I also bought a new wallet because mine is straight-up knackered, lol.)

I get home and Brian hasn't gone to work yet, so he's still asleep on the couch -- his bed of preference, lol.

And I go into my room to arrange the letterhead on his new clipboard to surprise him when he wakes up...

...and laying on my bed is a Johnny Blaze Stunt Cycle! One of those that you insert the ripcord, yank it really fast tha the toy motorcycle zooms off across the kitchen floor!


I should explain a bit here...

Monday night I was going to buy some groceries. But when I saw it was just a few hours until midnight, I decided to wait so I could buy GHOST RIDER on dvd, too. I had seen GHOST RIDER, but Brian hadn't, so when I bought it on dvd, that was his first viewing. He watched it OVER AND OVER since I bought it -- he's currently sleeping to the Main Menu loop of the dvd, lol. He just really enjoys the movie!

And when I bought the dvd, I bought the Double-Disc, Walmart Exclusive edition with a 3-D card and a Ghost Rider bandana packed in there, as well as the Extended Director's cut, lol. (What can I say? I wanted the Exclusive Bonus Disc AND I wanted the director's version of the film, so I bought both.)

But Brian apparently found a couple of toy stunt cycles -- one Ghost Rider and one Johnny Blaze -- and decided he and I HAVE TO have them, hehe!

He definitely spent more on his gift to me than I did on my gift to him, lol!

But see, THIS is why we will both be millionaire filmmakers/screenwriters/novelists on day! because we not only recognize and accept our Inner Child, but we nurture our Inner Moppets and buy them toys and take them to the park and stuff, lmao!

You may call it "childish", but I call it "inspiration". ;)

Besides, have you seen my photo? Do I LOOK 36? I'm a smoker and a drinker and I don't workout, but I got carded for beer last month, so I must be doing SOMETHING right, lol.

OOH!

But here's the SWEETEST part of my day...

As I'm unwrapping my Johhny Blaze Stunt Cycle I get a text message: It's my baby and she says that she's at work right now, but she'll be available tonight and all tomorrow!!! HOW FUCKIN' SWEET IS THAT?!! I might be able to have a cyber-date with my angel this weekend!!! (You may not understand: It's been A WHILE since we got to seriously spent time together! The last month or so has been the equivalent of a "good morning" and a kiss before one of us rushes out the door to work, or some other obligation. Last weekend was AMAZING because we got to catch up a bit on each other's lives -- the equivalent of actually getting to sit down to a meal together -- and so to be able to spend a few hours with her is like a married couple actually getting the same day off with the kids spending the night at Grandma's house, lol! It's brilliant!!!)

Now, the catch is that for the last month-and-a-half, every time my baby thought she was going to get some serious time with me, Life jumped out at her and said "Oh no ya don't" and that could happen this weekend, too. But still -- as I told her in an email before I decided to make this entry -- just the POSSIBILITY!!!

It's really exciting! I wonder if we'll be able to meet in SecondLife, or if maybe we'll be able to play some Poker or Minesweeper, or if maybe we can watch a movie simultaneously over the Net, and then talk about it afterward... Or maybe I we can just hang out on the phone while I giggle and fumble for something -- ANYTHING -- to say, lol.

Omg, just thinking about it... I HAVE TO WIN THE LOTTERY TOMORROW!!! (Well... "tonight", technically..) So that I can buy a huge house and plane tickets for my baby to come live with me and for us to wake up with each other EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Okey dokey... I'm a bit punch drunk from the week, lol.

Time for me to sign off for now and report back later.

PEACE, LOVE & HAPPINESS TO ALL!!!

:D

No comments: