Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Aaargh! Five 6s, Matey!!!

Today was cool!!!

I got to chat with my Sweety for a second before she went to work, then carshed fo a loooooong time, then woke up to Brian calling me... He was about to grab some food at Sonic and wanted to know if he could pick my up anything.

YEAH!!!

Usually, when Sonic food is avaiable, I'll get jiggy wid it and have, like, a Breaded Fride Steak Sandwich and a Foot-Long Coney and Onion Rings and such. But I had been asleep, and upon waking to this miraculous call I was happy with just a plain ol' Cheeseburger and Tater Tots.

Divine!

I slapped on some clothes, ran down to the mailbox, found what I'd hope to find (nothing you should worry about ;P ) and when Brian got home we both partook in some DELICIOUS Sonic grub while watching UFO: THE GREATEST STORY EVER DENIED.

IT WAS GREAT!!!

I watched UFO: THE GREATEST STORY EVER DENIED after Gnomey went to work, and was BLOWN AWAY by it!!! (I've been a "believer" since I was a child. And this documentary completely validates that belief!) Kevin Smith called it "the LOOSE CHANGE of UFOs" and so after watching UOF: THE GREATEST STORY EVER DENIED I watched LOOSE CHANGE, which was also amazing!

I had had a copy of LOOSE CHANGE for a while, but couldn't bring myself to watch it, as I already have plenty of reasons to be angry at the way American society is run as it is.

But UFO: THE GREATEST STORY EVER DENIED makes the current domination of corporate domination of the globe understandable, though in NO WAY excusable or morally acceptable. But still, the UFO doc allowed me to watch and appreciate LOOSE CHANGE with a sort of intellectual detachment and understanding that would have been absent before.

So anyway, Brian has always been WAY more obsessed with UFOs than I am (and that's pretty obsessed, let me tell you!) and so it was well cool to watch this doc with him! Sometime in the late-90s I started to doubt whether there really was ET life Out There. (I don't know if Brian ever did, so I'm only speaking for myself here.) But this doc confirmed everything I ever believed, showing me images that I never imagined EXISTED, mush less that I'd ever see for myself!

And watching it while we ate Sonic... DAMN Life can be good at times!!!

After the flick was a lively discussion that was just a blast to be a part of.

Then we played us some Liar's Dice!

You know that game in PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST, where Will Turner challenges Davy Jones, and Bootstrap bets in order to keep his son free, but it turns out that it didn't matter whether Will won or lost? Well Disney liscensed USAopoly to create a "Pirates Dice" game based on Liar's Dice, and -- natch -- Brian bought it.

It's weird, Disney (or USAoploy) seems to have gone to SO MUCH TROUBLE to avoid encouraging kids to lie that they never really finished the instrctions, lol! Brian and I had to sort of take what the game instructions said, and then figure out the rest through gameplay.

As it happens, we were right, lol!

Prepping for this blog entry, I tracked down "Liar's Dice" on www.wikipedia.org, and it contained the history and rules for the game. And a lot of the decisions Brian and I made while playing the game are actually "official". (I put "official" in quotes because there are many variations of the game.)

Anyway, I pulled out some plastic doubloons and Brian pulled out some, and we played for quite a while! It was A BLAST!!!

We finally stopped at midnight, when GHOST RIDER went on sale! I had some shopping to do, but I decided to hold off until I could pick up GHOST RIDER on DVD at the same time. Plus, Brian really want to see it!

While I was at Walmart I remembered an ad for TOMB RAIDER: ANNIVERASY "in stores now" and I went ahead and bought that, too.

When I got Back, Brian was nigh-asleep, so I guess we'll watch GHOST RIDER tomorrow.

Still...

Fun day for Ray Jay!

Also, I got a message from my Gnomey Goddess before she went to work. I was... away from the keys when she IMed me... which sucks. But not TOO bad. ("Sea turtles, mate.")

Anyway, it's not 11 after Noon in the UK, so I can safely assume my Gnomey won't be logging back in before work, lol. So I'm off to read the Walkthough for Level 1 of TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSAY, then go see if I can defeat the first level, hehe.

PEACE!!! :D

No comments: