Wednesday, November 02, 2005

It's Good To Write

I just reworked Amy Darren!!!

...sorry...

...guess that sounds a little... naughty.

What I mean is this: I've been using my writing blog to work out a new process, a new step-by-step proceedure for myself to take a story idea and turn it into a story. And Step 3 is fleshing out my main character.

In "Ezekiel Hollow" my main character is Amy Darren.

In a previous incarnation she was just kind of this bitch who argued with people a lot. But tonight I was able to follow the steps I laid out to create a woman that has good and bad qualities (more complex ones than she's trying to save her brother -- as the good -- and she is impatient -- as the bad), and more than that I know a little bit more about my story than I did!!!

Just reworking her character told me more about her boyfriend's character, more about their relationship, and gave me a couple of GOOD scenes that have to happen somewhere in there!!!

PLUS, I was able to write from Truth, from personal experience, and it made my story more thematically interesting!!!

I don't know if this is the IT I've been searching for for 12+ years, or if it's just another promising-looking dead-end, but it SURE FEELS NICE TO BE CREATING STUFF THAT FEELS LIKE IT'S GOOD!!!

It's ALWAYS nice to be creating!!!

That is all.

No comments: