Sunday, January 24, 2010

'Sup Foo's?

I apologize for the disrespectful title there. I don't know what overcame me. I don't usually talk like that, and I do not believe any of you are "foo's".

Anyway...

Exciting weekend for me!

Yesterday I woke up at 2:00pm to be at a 4:00pm set-up for a 9:00pm investigation! I found myself driving home around 4:20am.

It was a cool investigation!!!

It was the second time at this one location, and it shared a similar sort of pattern of activity: It starts out weird, then quickly seems to dissipate into near inactivity.

The last time we investigated this location, early on 2 of our team saw an inexplicable shadow move across a window, then about 6 minutes later one of our EMF detectors (one with sound) goes off for a minutes straight.

This time, we were all closed into separate rooms small teams, but we heard someone walking around. At one point someone comes clomping down the hall, rattling the door to the room I'm in as they pass. I finally poked my head out the door to see what was going on, and I see another investigator, looking down the hall.

"Did you hear that," Stephanie asks me.

Yeah I heard that! How could I not?

But it turns out that there was no one walking around! After that stretch, we all compared notes to discover that we were all sitting quietly in our rooms, wishing everyone else would settle down and stop making so much noise!

I'm going to go through my audio and create a time line of the noises so we can then compare my time line of the video and verify that no one (alive) was walking around!

Very exciting! :D

In fact, my entire day has been, and will be, reviewing the hours and hours of audio I recorded last night.

And then we get to do it all again next weekend!

This investigation -- Part 2 of which was last night -- is for a client, but they aren't afraid in the location. they just want to see if we can come up with some answers to some of the strangeness they've been experiencing for years.

Next weekend is a client investigation in which the clients are afraid to be in their home. That's the whole reason groups like TSPI exist! Proving the existence of paranormal phenomena would be cool (if can be done) but helping people not be afraid, when no one else is willing or able to, is the core and the "bottom line" of why we exist. And the reason I'm proud to be an investigator! :)

I mean, you know me... I'm proud to be a nerd, geek, fan-boy and any other category I fit into. I just enjoy being ME! But when I say I'm proud to be a paranormal investigator, I mean that in the more traditional sense. This is maybe the one thing I do that isn't entirely selfish and/or self-serving. ;P (Note that I say it isn't entirely self-serving, lol. It's, like, 60° self-serving, 40° helping others. Maybe 70°/30°, something like that.)

OOH!

Since we started setting up at 4:00pm, we took a dinner break, and we all went to eat at a place called Casa Garcias! GOOD FOOD!!! Last year many of us ate there before going, as a group, to see Paranormal Activity at one of the Alamo Drafthouses (while the movie was still in its limited run, if I remember correctly) and I enjoyed a for-reals Chimichanga. This time I got adventurous and tried the Shrimp Enchiladas...

DUDE!!!

Okay, not only was it wicked-tasty, it was filling, too!!! I had some pancakes and egg patties (nuke-able stuff that I could gobble down quickly) when I first woke up, then I had these enchiladas for dinner, and I wasn't hungry for the rest of the night! It's not, like, one of those huge plates, either, that makes you think "Oh, Daddy's gonna be stuffed tonight!" It looks like a rather modest meal, but that stuff FILLS YOU UP! :D

Very cool!

And my buddy Mike turned me onto Coca-Cola Zero! Usually, if I drink soda it's Diet 7-Up (no calories or sugar or anything, but it still somehow has that diet aftertaste I've been addicted to since I was 13) or Diet Coke. (Mostly, though, I drink water, coffee, or hot tea. Or beer, but that's usually for the purpose of getting my buzz on.)

And I discovered that I like Coca-Cola Zero! :)

I probably won't change my drinking habits, but now there is a beverage that bridges the gap between Coke drinkers and Diet Coke drinkers! Like, if I'm buying soda for a party or something, I can pick up some Coke Zero and share it with mixed company!

That's pretty cool, yeah?

Okay, I've got about 6 or 8 more ours of wakefulness, and a bit more than that of audio to review. So I'm back at it.

Have a groovy week!!! :D

1 comment:

October's Daughter said...

OMG you made me think of a movie!

"Did you hear that?"
"I heard that."
"What was it?"
"Could be a lot of things..."
"Yeah?"
"The Hound of the Baskervilles?"
"Heathcliff!"
"Heathcliff didn't howl."
"No, but he was on the moors."

:-)

I know what I'm about to put into the DVD Player.

Hope things are well with you!