Friday, January 08, 2010

24° In Austin...

It's friggin' COLD in Austin this morning!!!

I like it! :D

Okay, so Christmas just KEEPS giving!

I just got my paycheck from the ridiculous amount of overtime I worked last month (whihc includes some Holiday pay) AND THEN... I go to Walmart to buy a few essentials and maybe pick up Season 2 of Chuck (they didn't have it in stock) AND GILMORE GIRLS IS ON SALE FOR ASTOUNDINGLY LITTLE PER SEASON!!!

This is one of my favorite shows ever, of all-time!

I love this show so much that this past September (or November, maybe? I'm not sure) I spend a small wad of cash that I kind of didn't really have, JUST so I could watch (and re-own -- long story) the first season, because it had been SO LONG since I had seen a single episode!

AND NOW THE ENTIRE SERIES HAS BEEN RE-RELEASED FOR RIDICULOUSLY LITTLE!!!

So I now own every season of Gilmore Girls!!!

That includes the last season, which I never saw! Stuff at work and in my life (somehow, I don't remember because it was a while ago) conspired to force me to miss the 2nd half of the second-to-last season of Gilmore Girls, as well as the entire last season.

SO NOW I HAVE A SEASON AND A HALF THAT IS BRAND NEW TO ME!!! :D

But that's not all!

Apparently, Seinfeld has been re-released, too! So I bought Brian the last 4 seasons. Which is cool, because he digs on Seinfeld. And a few Christmases ago I got him the first 3 seasons (which is the first 2 volumes, because the first 2 seasons were, like, summer-filler seasons), but they didn't really have any of the episodes Brian remembers so fondly.

Apparently, Seinfeld didn't really get going until a few seasons in.

I say "apparently" because I'm one of the few people I know who wasn't a fanatic. I liked the show, but when we aired it at work, I watched an episode or two and never really got into it. I didn't dislike it at all, and I was glued to the set when the series ended, but I had Friends, which was practically tailor-made for me at the time.

But then I saw an episode in syndication a few years ago, and found that I really enjoyed it. Apparently, Seinfeld is one of those shows (for me, anyway) which actually improves in syndication.

Anyway, so I'm hoping that most of Brian's favorite episodes aired in the last 4 seasons. If so, the dude is pretty much set!

Now, if I were a selfless man, I would have gotten Brian the entire rest of the season, and gone without a couple of seasons of Gilmore Girls for myself... but I'm not that guy.

Okay, I have some hot Whataburger (Bacon Cheeseburger and Onion Rings!!!) and some Gilmore Girls waiting for me, so Bye For Now!

:D

No comments: