Saturday, December 27, 2008

You may henceforth address me as Signore Pastabelli.

I did a silly thing...

Okay, I stayed up well too late this morning reading this AWESOME book -- which I'll tell you about in a second. Because I knew I was only going to get maybe 5 or 6 hours of sleep, I set my alarm to wake me up 1 hour before I'm supposed to be at work, instead of the usual 2 hours. Which means I'm going to have to jump in the shower immediately after waking up, then head straight to work. That doesn't give me time to (1) wake up or (2) cook something for breakfast/lunch. I don't even have time to slap a sandwich together on my way out the door, even if we actually had some sandwich meat in the apartment.

So I figure I'll splurge and pick something up on the way.

Now, I don't really have any money left from my paycheck, but I do -- well, did -- have a $10-bill in my wallet. I could be frugal and buy 3 Jr. Whoppers for $3 and have some money left over from the ten, but I've done that too recently. I want something TASTEY. I want to spoil myself a little.

I want some FAZOLI'S. :)

They've got this combo called a Classic Sampler Platter.

Photobucket

Fettuccine Alfredo, Lasagna, Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce and 2 Garlic Breadsticks... Mama mia!

But I'm hungry! I've been fighting off a cold or something since last Saturday and my body needs some fuel! So I add a slice of pizza to my order.

Photobucket

Okay, insane?

Sure.

But OH, so tastey!!! :D

Holy schnikies!!!

Just a moment... I need to sit and digest a bit...


...

...

...


Okay, I'm better.

So this book I was reading all night...

It started with an episode of Paranormal Podcast featuring Dannion Brinkley. Dannion's story is amazing: He was (more or less by his own admission) a redneck bastard who was struck by lightning in 1975 and died.

For 28 minutes.

In that time he visited Heaven for the first time. (The first of 3 so far.) In that time he learned some really astounding stuff about the nature of Reality.

I could try to tell you his story, but I'm not going to do it nearly as well as he will. So I highly reccommend you click on the links I'm providing and actually listen to the podcasts yourself. It's time well-spent. I think you'll really be glad you did.

I say "podcasts," plural, because after hearing the Paranormal Podcast episode I immediately had to track down more podcasts with Dannion!

I found a podcast called WOTU's Podcast, which calls itself "conservative paranormal". Listening to their intro and their bumpers I thought I was going to really hate this show. Apparently, the "conservative" part means that their perspective is Christian, and if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior you're going to burn in hell.

I'm always leery of people who feel comfortable condemning others to eternal damnation.

But the hosts seemed to be smart and open to what Dannion had to say. And the reason I was listening, anyway, was tp hear more of what he had to say. So I enjoyed the podcast immensely!

But it wasn't enough.

I had also found a podcast called Merlian News (still don't know what the name means) that had more of an open-minded and International bent.

All 3 podcasts were great, but they still weren't enough!

So I broke down and bought the new book -- the one he's promoting on these podcasts -- Secrets of the Light: Lessons From Heaven yesterday on my way to work. I started reading it as soon as I had some down-time during my shift, and I finally forced myself to put it down around 1:00 pm. I tore through 123 pages in about 13 hours I plan to finish the rest tonight. My friend Lisa is waiting to borrow it tomorrow.

This is an AMAZING read!!!

It's about spirituality vs. phisicality, but Dannnion's coming from a "Wtf?!" perspective. He's been studying How and Why.

He's a paranormal investigator who's actually been to the Other Side a few times, lol. I mean, he's actually not a ghost hunter at all: He's all about how we live while we're on this side. But the way his mind works, he's able to answer questions for us. This book should totally become a mainstay in the libraries of all paranormal investigators, I believe!

But it's more important than a mere tome on paranormal or spiritual theory. This really does provide a practical way of thinking about how we live and do stuff while we're here.

Blah.

If you're into this, give the podcasts a listen, grab the book as soon as you can.

If you're not into it, what the hell are you doing reading this blog?! lol :P

Okay, off to finish the book and maybe get some work done on my novel. (Dannion's book has actually given me a few things to think about for this story I'm working on now!)

To my Gnomey: I LOVE YOU, SWEETY!!! xoxox :D

And to anyone else reading this: I love you, too!!! (Just... you know... not in quite the same way as I love my Gnomey... you know.)

And if I don't write before then...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :D

No comments: