Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Goin' Ghost Huntin'!

No, for reals! I'm scheduled to go on my first official paranormal investigation in January! :D

I hooked up with a meet-up group here in Austin I've reserved a slot for myself and my li'l bro.

I'm SO STOKED!!! :D

We're going from paranormal enthusiasts (like, since the early 80s when we were both kids) to actual investigators!

Well... you know, nooby investigators. We've got plenty of real-world experience to learn, naturally.

Still... Every journey begins with a first step!

AND... Brian and I still haven't haunted (Get it? "Haunted"?) a local cemetery to try to get our first EVPs, but I held a little impromptu EVP session in our apartment with some surprising results:

It sounds like I actually got some EVPs!

I used 2 recorders, and both got some different EVPs and they also bot captured at least one of the same!

I'm still in the process of isolating the EVPs from the rest of the very boring session, but I hope to get them up on the Net -- probably right here on this blog -- for everyone to analyze and debunk and all that.

Now, our apartment isn't actually haunted. It's not like we have paranormal stuff happening in our place. (You know, nothing paranormal that we don't do to ourselves or each other, at least.) And that's why I was, frankly, surprised to get any EVPs. Also, it changed the very nature of what EVPs are (or seem to be) in my mind. I've heard a couple of acclaimed EVP experts statte that EVPs are everywhere (in other words, not only where hauntings are), but hearing EVPs capture at mi casa really sort of turns my understanding of the very nature of what EVPs are -- or might be -- on its head.

I'll go into detail after I've analyzed what I've captured a bit more. It seems that maybe EVPs aren't merely the voices of "trapped spirits" in a certain location, but perhaps layers of communication from different "dimensions", if you will, of the Other Side.

Like I said, I need to look into it more -- A LOT more! -- before I can claim to have a theory.

Anyway...

Blah.

HOWEVER...!

Brian and I have discussed the possibility of recording audio sketches that we would post as an irregular podcast. And now that we have a couple of digital recorders, that really seems like something we probably should do.

AND... Now that I'm actively pursuing EVPs I figure I'll need a place that will host those sound files.

To that end, I've set-up an accoutn at OurMedia.org! This site is free and it hosts video, audio, images, just name it! :D

I may even post an entirely aural blog entry, just because I can. Not the comedy sketched I mentioned earlier (at least, not at first) but just a plain old, boring me-talking-for-probably-too-long audio blog entry.

Who knows... Maybe it won't be boring.

Hey, if you're the praying sort, my sweet-thang is in bed with a bug of some sort! She called me Monday and her voice was so scratchy and weak! :( I mean, she still sounded like an angel, but an angle that needs warm Chicken Soup and lots of cuddles and snuggles (and probably a few boxes of tissues, too). So think positive, healing thoughts about my Gnomey if you have a moment. I'll personally owe you a favor if you do! :)

Um...

Watched another disc from Season 2 of Ghost Hunters this weekend.

Also, we watched 3 episodes of MonsterQuest. That was kind of interesting. So far, I haven't found another paranormal info-tainment show that matches Ghost Hunters or GHI. I'm kind of glad I don't have cable and a DVR because I would probably spend WAY too much time watching mediocre TV shows. As it is, watching TV shows that are on DVD available from Netflix, the number DVDs I can have at my home at one time helps ensure that I can't spend too much time watching TV shows.

I mean, more than I probably should, sure. But not as much as maybe other people do.

Blah.

OOH!!!

Last night I finally saw Get Smart and it was AWESOME!!! I laughed out loud! A lot! I thought it was really faithful to the original Don Adams version and still brought its own contemporary sensibility to the comedy and storytelling! :D GENIUS!!!

The DVD (from Netflix, natch) had the theatrical version, then an alternate-/deleted-takes version where the movie pauses while you're watching it and allows you to view the alternate takes and/or deleted scenes to get a better sense of the production process and even the editing process!

So, effectively, I watched the movie twice, back-to-back before going to bed, lol.

GOOD flick!

Finally, I managed to get a little writing done, but not nearly as much as I had hoped.

Writing is always more difficult at the beginning of the process, because that's when you're figuring everything out. I write from an outline, so I struggle to figure out what's going to happen and how and why, but then when I start pumping out pages it's just sheer fun.

So I guess tha hassle at the beginning is worth it... I just wish it didn't take quite so long.

Anyway, this pops into my mind because I have a few more hours here at work tonight where I can actually get some good writing done before I need to devote 100% of my attention to work.

So I'm going away for now.

PEACE!!! :D

No comments: