Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Ate Goat Cheese!!! :D

Brian had this Starbuck's Goat Cheese & Mushroom sandwich that he hadn't gotten around to eating, and he reasoned that it would probably go bad before he got around to it, so he offered it to me. And I ate it. Pretty groovy! :)

I believe that was the first time I ever ate Goat Cheese.

Now, I realize that health-conscious people and/or people who spend more than $5 a meal have probably had goat cheese several times. But that was my first.

Very exotic for me. ;P

I'm on Chapter 9 of Breaking Dawn, the last book of the Twilight Saga. I really enjoyed Eclipse, but Breaking Dawn, but they all start off with so much tension and angst that you kind of want to put the book down and do something else. But for 3 books so far, by the time the novel is over you're just in love with the world and characters and can't wait for the next one, lol.

One bummer about trying to catch up to my daughter with the Twilight Saga is that I'm not writing as much as I should be. :( More than that, I'm not the slightest bit bored. See, boredom is a creative person's best friend. When you're bored, your imagination does interesting things. But reading a great novel (or novels) is not really conducive to creation.

I mean, I learn stuff -- I see how one author tweaks a story point or conveys character in an engaging way and other technical stuff -- but I'm not creating my own stuff in that time.

So I feel this sort of dual joy/guilt thing when I'm engaged like this in some one else's genius.

Blah.

But my Gnomey-Goddess still believes in me!!! :D That sort of adds to the guilt a little, but it mostly reassures me that my career as a writer will begin when it's supposed to.

Okay, I need food now.

PEACE!!!

:D

No comments: