Friday, October 03, 2008

It Is BEGUN!!! :D

The second series of Dirk Gently on BBC Radio 4, The Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul, began Thursday!!!

I have been waiting for this... well... FOR A YEAR now! And I'm SO VERY EXCITED! The first episode shows a great deal of promise! It appears that Dirk Maggs has made some bold choices with this series, including linking it to the Hitchhiker's Guide universe! I can't wait to see how Tea-time unfolds, and then, of course, what Maggs does with The Salmon of Doubt.

This is a good time to be a Douglas Adams fan! :)

I am writing this on Friday, October 3rd, 2008. If you're reading it before Thursday, October 9th, 2008 you should be able to listen to the first episode on the BBC Radio 4 Dirk Gently site. Look for the "Listen Again" button.

I also found a new paranormal podcast. It's called NightWatch and it's hosted by this super-cool guy named Todd Sheets. I believe it's a radio show that podcasts its episodes after they've aired. I haven't really done any research on it because I've just been listening to the episodes themselves, lol.

I got turned on to Todd Sheets because he was on a really, really early episode of Spooky Southcoast, and he just seemed way-cool, so I checked it out.

Speaking of Spooky Southcoast... :( I've been listening to some of their first episodes because they haven't given us anything new in a long time. (...grumble grumble...) I don't know if they've been on-air each week and simply failed to post the shows or if they haven't been on-air. (I still don't have Net access at mi casa, so I have to go to the actual websites and get the episodes off there, and the newest episode offered on their site is from August 2nd.)

But the good news is that SSc eps easily bear repeat listening, and even the earliest eps are really, really great! (There was a brief period when the show first started that Matt Moniz wasn't a part of the show! Who knew!)

(Oh, and if you're like me and jonesing for some SSc, track down the "Off the Air" episode! August 19, 2006! You'll thank me later. It's Tim and the Matts just hanging out! VERY cool!!! It's really groovy to get to hear them with their hair down, so to speak.)

Thanks to My Genius Friend Dave, Brian & I have seen the 1st season of Monk and are about to watch Season 2!!! VERY cool! I had seen a single episode (one from Season 4, I believe) and liked it, but watching it from the start is just straight-up genius! That is a great show!

I also hope to catch up on Ghost Whisperer via Netflix. I love Medium and I've had a crush on Jennifer Love Hewit since Trojan War (or maybe it was the first I Know What You Did Last Summer; I can't remember which I saw first), so I'm thinking there's no way I can hate Ghost Whisperer. (With the title, though, I'm guessiing the writing's not going to be quite up to the high quality of Medium, so my expectations should be realistic enough to enjoy the show.)

Okay, I need to get back to work, so peace out! :D

LOVE TO THE GNOMESTRESS!!! xoxoxo

No comments: