Thursday, October 30, 2008

HAPPY Nigh-HALLOWEEN!!!

It's All Hallow's Eve EVE now! I'm workin' Halloween, so I won't be enjoying it in any wild-n-crazy way, but a bad Halloween is still better than just about any other day of the year! :D

If you're like me and you don't have any super-groovy plans, please allow me to suggest some free entertainment options:

First off, you can't go wrong with some Homestar Runner on All Hallow's Eve!!! If you've tuned into www.homestarrunner.com during Halloweens past you know what I mean. But if not, you simply MUST check it out! Scroll down (within the "Holiday" sections of "Toons") to the very, very bottom and start with "Homestarloween Party" (2002) and then keep going up to the present. (Not certain exactly when the Brothers Chaps post the new episode, so no idea excatly when this year's episode will pop up.)

Next: HULU!!! They have a pretty decent "Huluween" section that includes whole, unedited editions of classics like Atomic Age Vampire and Night of the Living Dead to contemporary entries such as Underworld: Evolution and 28 Days Later to some classics from my youth like The Island of Dr. Moreau (when I was WAY-young) and John Carpenter's The Thing. I almost wish I had absolutely NOTHING to do Halloween night just so I could get bored wnough to watch Hulu.com all night, lol. (That's one part of my personality. Another part of me would rather be at a Halloween party with dear friends, and still another would prefer to be wandering haunted cemeteries with a camera and digital recorder, hee-hee.)

AND... It being Halloween and all, don't forget that Hulu hosts new episodes of Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International! (That's only 4 eps per show, but that's just under 8 hours of ghost-huntin' GOODNESS!) Which is a useful segue way to my next free Halloween celebration suggestion...

I've just recently discovered Beyond Reality Radio, which is the 3-hour talk radio show about the paranormal hosted by Jason hawes and Grant Wilson, and it's A BLAST to listen to!!! Seriously genius! The above link takes you to their show archives on Planet Paranormal. I dropped 11 episodes into my iPod and am close to halfway through the 9th episode, lol.

But I can't represent the mighty Ghost Hunters (as brilliant and funny as they are) without reminding everyone about my first paranormal love: SPOOKY SOUTHCOAST!!! :D That's a 2-hour radio show that focuses on the paranormal, located in a virtual Hellmouth of every kind of activity imaginable! Plus, the guys -- Tim Weisberg, Matt Costa and Science Advisor Matt Moniz -- are just a blast to listen to! Not to sound gay, but this show sort of broke my paranormal cherry. I've been into the paranormal since I was, like, 10 years old but this show got me reading books again and looking into this current paranormal boom. ACTUALLY... if I'm honest... The reason I finally broke down and checked out GH and GHI is because Spooky Southcoast kept having TAPS members on their show!

And if we're talking podcasts, I can't overlook Paranormal Podcast, which has been producing a ton of eps this month, since it is Halloween month. These episodes are more sort of "bites-sized" in that last around 45 minutes per ep. But with so many episodes out this month alone, and the mind-boggling variety of topics covered promise hours and hours and hours of listening nirvana! :) And if you're not already a Paranormal Podcast listener, then you've got years' worth of episodes to enjoy!

So these are a few inexpernsive suggestions, should you lack stuff to do tomorrow night, there ya go. :)

Of course, if I could enjoy this Halloween in any manner possible, I wish I could you a Halloween party with my Gnomey-Goddess (who would, in my imagination, be dressed in some super-sexy Naughty Nurse costume or Tempting Vampiress or some such)!!! xoxoxo :D

Whatever you do, though, I hope you have a BLAST this Halloween!!! (Have extra fun for me, okay?)

:D

No comments: