Saturday, June 14, 2008

SUMMER! Can You Feel It?

I'm about to hop in the shower and get ready for work, but I'm already having an excellent day! :D

After work last night I watched You Don't Mess With the Zohan on the Net, and when I woke up I logged into SecondLife and chatted with some of my friends.

And as I prepare to get ready for work on a Saturday (when everyone else is preparing to party and socialize and just straight-up have FUN) I realized that I am FEELING the summer! :)

I don't know why, but I feel like a teenager who has a summer job, who doesn't get to participate in the parties his friends are going to, but still feel festive anyway. You know?

I can FEEL the summer! :)

It's purely psychological, I'm sure. It's hot outside, there are more teens on the street because they don't have school, there are more blockbusters in the theaters because this is the time to release them...

But somehow, that translates to a boost in my own spirits.

The days I have off are the days when no one is really doing anything... BUT... Somehow, the knowledge that everyone else is partying makes me feel more alive, more festive!

Can you feel it?

If you stop listening to your mind's chatter, and listen instead only to your breath, can you extend your senses "outward" and sense the abandon and laughter and fun that surrounds you?

If you can, that's a pretty amazing gift, yeah?

When I "sense" the fun around me, I don't feel jealous because I'm not part of it; instead I FEEL as though I AM part of it, lol!

But I hope, as I write this, that you're not merely "sensing" the fun going on this Saturday night. I hope that you ARE the fun going on!!! :D

Because I'm feeling you, and I'm having a GREAT FUCKING TIME!!! Thank you! :D

No comments: