Saturday, November 24, 2007

We Have Heat!

The last 2 or 3 days have gotten cold in Austin, and Brian & I discovered that out heater doesn't work.

It's kind of quaint, us bundling up and sitting cross-legged under blankets and drinking hot drinks to stay warm, lol. It's like we lived in the Old West or something, before heaters were invented.

Of course, we were listening to disturbed on the main computer while Indiana Jones movies played on the dvd player... So it wasn't exactly like the Old West. ;P

But a repair guy came this morning and fixed the heater, so I woke up having kicked off my covers.

After three days of cold, that was nice. :)

So I wake up and wander out of my bedroom to find Brian in the kitchen frying up a huge pan of meat. He was jonesing for Taco Salad, so he bought the ingredients on his way home from work and made enough for both of us.

Not a bad way to start the day!

Brian, by the way, is a master of flavor! He loves flavorful food, so he makes flavorful food! He'll take a recipe that's really good, then add a couple of spices until it's beyond good! So if you like Taco Salad, you LOVE Brian's Taco Salad!

(I know, I know... we sound like a gay couple, lol. But I remind you, he's my BROTHER.)

As he's cooking I play some TOMB RAIDER LEGENDS -- which is always a great time!!! -- and then after I hop in the shower to get ready for my last day of work before my weekend.

A hot shower isn't as necessary today as it was yesterday (when the hot shower actually raised my core temperature out of lizard level and back up to a temperature more resembling a mamal), but I always prefer warm to room temperature or (egads!) cold.

I towel off, put some gel in my hair, then run my fingers through it until my hair is no longer stiff. Then out of reflex or habit or something I look in the mirror, which is, naturally, opaque with steam.

Only, there are four small sections of the mirror that aren't steamed-up tonight...

They form the numbers 1408.

I laugh, despite myself, and yell out that Brian is a bastard. And when I come out of the bathroom he's laughing pretty hard. He apparently set that up this morning, so the numbers were fresh when I took a shower this evening. In fact, and I told him this, my first thought was to imagine an invisible finger writing the numbers on the mirror as I'm taking a shower!

So... Fed, clean, then clothed, I'm ready for a laid-back evening/overnight/early morning of work.

I step outside, and it's still sprinkling. It had started not long before I left work yesterday, and it was still going! As a result, the night was shiny and sparkley, and the air smelled like a waterfall, and it didn't feel as cold as it had been (though this might just be because I was stepping out of a heated appartment tonight, lol) and I just thought to myself, "What a GREAT way to start my day!" :D

I walk into work and we're airing the last half of THE INCREDIBLES (PIXAR and Brad Bird REWL!!!) and then after the local news SNL is a collection of Thanksgiving sketches from the entire run of the show!

OH! And my friend/co-worker Pete offered me a huge slice of something called Monkey Bread!!!

MONKEY Bread!!! :D

If someone offers, how can you NOT try something called MONKEY BREAD?!! :D

Monkey Bread!!! :D

So life is groovy.

At the moment, actually, I'm a little bit bored. But that's not a bad thing at all! Boredom means that nothing's blowing up, and there's nothing I have to do right this minute!

Boredom means "no drama".

If you're watching a movie or reading a book, boredom is bad.

I'm at work. So boredom is actually GOOD. :)

In fact, if I could remain bored until 2:00 am or so, I might actually get some pages of my the next chapter of my novel written! That would be REALLY good! :)

We'll see...

I hope, as you read this, that you are enjoying a freedom from drama!

And central heating!!!

No comments: