Monday, February 27, 2006

Did You Know KISS Has Played 83 Dates In Texas?

I just spent an hour or more on KISSonline tracking down the EXACT dates that I saw KISS live. If you're curious, they are as follows:

02/03/1985 - Odessa TX , USA - Ector County Coliseum
09/20/1990 - Odessa TX , USA - Ector County Coliseum
07/07/1996 - San Antonio TX , USA - Alamo Dome
11/05/1996 - Austin TX , USA - Frank Irwin Center
03/31/2000 - San Antonio TX , USA - Alamodome
08/17/2000 - Austin TX , USA - Frank Erwin Center

The first 2 dates were the Simmons/Stanley/Kulick/Carr line-up, no makeup. The last 4 were the Simmons/Stanley/Frehley/Criss lineup w/makup.

If you're not curious, I'm not surprised. In fact, I'm not even sure why I AM curious...

I just get in these moods, wherein I obsess about stuff...

I'm just in one of my KISS obsessions right now.

My Genius Friend Dave discovered this INCREDIBLE writing utility called yWriter!!! I've been playing with it over the weekend, and it's REALLY cool! If you're a writer... If not, probably not as groovy.

But you can plug in scenes as you create them, both brief descriptions and entire pages. And the program is set up so that every scene you plug in, you're prompted to figure out (a) whose scene it is, (b) what the main conflict of the scene is and (c) what the outcome of the conflict is.

I plugged my audio story into it and discovered that a couple of my scenes didn't really have any significant conflict in them!!! Now THAT's useful!!! That's the type of thing that could take 4 or more drafts to spot. But this guy -- the programmer/novelist who created yWriter -- made it so that every scene, you have to consider all these things.

Then, once you have enough scenes to start seeing your story come together, you can rearrange scenes for greater dramatic impact.

It's very versitile.

I LIKE IT!!!

Oh, and I spent some time Saturday in Second Life.

...a LOT of time, actually... Several hours.

Not as much time as Brian, though! That boy is DEEP!

But I'm not complaining: He found me a Paul Stanley outfit! So as of last night, I'm wandering around Second Life looking like the Starchild!!!

Did I meantion I'm obsessing about KISS lately?

No comments: