Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back To Work Tomorrow

I feel rested and relaxed and -- believe it or not -- READY to return to work!

Not that I wouldn't prefer NOT having a Day Job. But I have no complaints.

...well, maybe ONE...

Friggin' Second Life IS STEALING MY TIME AWAY!

Brian and Tommy were both online last nigt, so I spent most of the evening online with them! And here's the really addictive aspect of Second Life for me:

I've always fealt that videogames would be cooler if (1) you could CONVENIENTLY play with friends (no annoying split-screen image or flipping a coin for the controler that works better) and (2) there were a game mode in which you could just EXPLORE THE WORLD! You didn't have to worry about zombies popping up behind you and having to start over, or turning a corner and being flattened by a boulder. You could just stroll around and enjoy all the hard work these designers and programmers put into creating this fictitious reality.

Well that's what Second Life is.

Only, you're not just exploring the world, you're one of the creators! And you'r not just interracting with friends, you're also interracting with cool strangers!

How lame am I?! If there were a typing station in Second Life I'd probably go there and finish my scripts in-world!

Blah.

Speaking of which, I'm hanging at 12+ pages of my zombie story. 16+ to go and the first draft is done! (Yay!)

Also, the thing Brian and I shot a couple of weeks ago still isn't edited. The good computer, the one that can handle editing, also happens to be the wone that can handle graphis-heavy websites... so... It's usually tied up.

Also, I'm waiting to hear back from my good friend Nicole. She had some serious surgery Monday and Tuesday -- she didn't seem worried, so I'm not -- and I'm looking forward to hearing how everything went. But I don't expect to hear back until she has some spare time. (She has LOTS of family and friends who are, no doubt, even more anxious than I am to hear from her!)

Like I say, I'm not actually worried about her. But I would like to actually hear that she's okay.

Blah.

What else?

I think after I get all my "errands" for the day done I'm going to kick back and just watch stuff. I got JAY & SILENT BOB DO DEGRASSI: THE NEXT GENERATION, GANDHI, Disc 5 of VERONICA MARS Season 1, and THE CONSTANT GARDENER from Netflix. All of which I'm eager to tear into!

So I probably won't get any writing done tonight, either. But it's all good. I don't think the story is ready for me to finish it yet. I got the idea and basic elements, then NOTHING for 4 days. No inspiration, no ideas, nada. Then I talk to Brian and he helps me break the story, I write like a madmad for several hours... And that was 2 days ago. I figure at this rate the first draft will be finished Saturday or Sunday.

Unless I get trapped in Second Life all weekend...

No comments: