Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It's Good To Be The "Mayor"

HHGG Day was a complete success!!!

I started off by buying the dvd on my way home from work. (Widescreen, natch!) Then I slipped into my pajamas and housecoat, slug my trusty towel over my shoulder -- full-on GEEK mode, baby!!! -- and Two And A Half Foot Batman and I proceeded to watch ALL the bonus features, then I watched the producer commentary of the movie -- with Robbie Stamp and Sean Solle, both friends and collegues of Douglas.

I crashed out on the couch.

I regained consciousness around 2:00 pm and immediately watched the other audio commentary, with director Garth Jennings, producer Nick Goldsmith (they guys who makeup Hammer & Tongs, a British production company), Martin Freeman (Arthur) and Bill Nighy (Slartibartfast) and then watched the making-of featurette again.

When I got home Monday night (/Tuesday morning) Brian was asleep. But he woke up in time to catch most of the making-of featurette.

When that was done it was time to go to dinner with Mom.

That was pretty groovy. We went to this opne place that is sort of a posh version of Souper Salad. The location is kind of frou-frou and the ambience is much nicer, but the food is just kind of nyah.

Still, the company was great!

Then after dinner Brian and I returned home to watch the movie proper, go through most of the extras, and Brian fell asleep toward the end of watching the director/producer/actor commentary.

Around 4:00 am I declared THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY DAY a success and took the disc out of the dvd player for the first time in 24 hours. (Brian and I left it running when we went to dinner; and it was still playing when I crashed and woke up.)

I capped off the day by completing Level 4 of TOMB RAIDER: THE LOST ARTIFACT. There are only 6 levels, so I'm bookin'! This morning I made some serious progress on Level 5.

Life is good.

I'm serious, it really felt like a holiday for me yesterday! I know that's lame. Intellectually I GET that calling a tree blue, then seeing it as blue is impossible and ridiculous. But yesterday ACTUALLY FELT like a holiday to me!

I had A LOT of fun!

I had so much fun yesterday I'm thinking about declaring October 18th LAND OF THE DEAD DAY.

OOH! SERINITY opens on the 30th! I should TOTALLY have a FIREFLY Marathon one weekend soon!

Then again, I don't want to abuse my new superpower... Discretion is probably called for here...

No comments: