Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Workin' Thru the Holidays

OMG!

Ray Jay is an EXHAUSTED boy.

There are dumb things going on at work, so every shift is an uphill climb for the foreseeable future. But this condition is exacerbating the fact that I'm working on Day 9 of a 12-day work spree. Usually I'm taunting my friends with the fact that I work 4-day work weeks (even though I work a full 40 hours, just like anyone else) but now I'm just hoping I can make it all the way to Saturday.

It hurts.

I mean, the way my shift used to be, I wasn't going going going for the full 10 hours of my shift. But the job has been changing since last September so that my work day has been increasingly filled until I didn't think anything more could be fit into my schedule. But when I found a new groove, more duties were added (or, sometimes, formerly simple(ish) duties are complicated so that they take much longer to accomplish) until I was certain I couldn't do everything during my shift. But then I would find a new groove, and then more junk would pop up.

I'm half-convinced that someone "at the top" wants my department to just up and quit, so they can hire a whole new batch of less-experienced (and cheaper) employees to fill our positions, and they don't have to pay us severance.

But we're all too poor to quit.

Blah.

I'm just venting, I guess.

I hurt. :P

Okay, I need to get back to work.

I hope YOU are ENJOYING your Holidays!!! I wish you more fun, laughs and sheer joy than you know what to do with! If you find yourself feeling like everything is so awesome that you wonder if it's really happening, THAT is the amount of joy I wish for you!

:D

No comments: