Thursday, April 15, 2010

Script Frenzy: Day 15

Okay, so Script Frenzy is halfway finished, I'm 20 pages behind-schedule, I have a lull in my work shift...

And I'm blogging.

I've hit a bit of a brick wall. Brian & I never finished outlining the script, and I figured I would be able to sort of outline as I go, but at the moment that's not how it's working out. :( I wrote the pages for what we outlined, and now I'm stuck with that age-old writer's question: "What happens next?!" I've got maybe 2 hours that I can write before my shift gets busy again, but I don't know what to write!

I mean, as a Buddhist I feel like I should simply take this as it comes, that what will happen will happen, and when it's supposed to happen. I should simply enjoy the free time and maybe listen to some more Insomnia and just take it easy.

But my writer's guilt keep screaming at me that I'm 20 pages behind schedule, I have 40 pages I need to write before next week (60 pages, total, due by this coming Monday), and I have time to write available to me that's going to waste!

It's hard to be serene and simply follow the flow of the Tao with that writer guy making so much racket in my head.

There's a small (very small) part of me that's thinking "Just write; don't worry about if it's crap; the goal of Script Frenzy is to write 100 pages."

And I guess I could do that.

But there's this perfectionist part of me that can't stomach the idea of writing crap. (Actually, depending on which philosophy of writing you take, this perfectionist bloke could be my biggest problem as a writer.)

...

My buddy Pete just gave me a fortune cookie. I kid you not: My fortune is as follows:

"The greatest danger could be your stupidity."

I would assume this was a prank, except for the fact that Pete read his fortune and it sounded perfectly normal.

Prank fortune cookies could be a cool idea. I'm sure they exist, but I wonder how funny the fortunes are.

Okay, so it seems like the best choice I have for the moment -- with 20 pages to complete before tomorrow, then 10 pages a day to complete over the next 4 days -- is probably to just start writing, good, bad or ugly. (I predict very, very ugly.)

Thanks for the chat.

:)

No comments: