Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Well, That Didn't Go As Planned...

So, the highlight of my weekend was supposed to be an investigation Saturday night.

You caught the "was supposed to be" part?

My alarm was set for 5:00pm so that I could get ready, eat breakfast and meet up with the team at 8:00pm.

I woke up at 10:00pm to voice messages, the last one simply concerned about my well being!

I have found that when I oversleep and alarm, it might be a cold or something.

This proved, very quickly, to be the case. I spent Saturday night and all of Sunday in bed, sleeping and blowing my nose. :(

I don't know if it was a cold or severe allergies or what, but it wasn't really a flu. It was pretty much by body getting rid of... um... fluids... that it didn't want, and exhaustion.

But IT SUCKED, all the same!

I mean, yeah, sure, I'm thankful that it wasn't anything worse and that I was able to come into work tonight and all that, blah, blah... But I missed an investigation!!! How often do people invite you to haul your equipment into their potentially haunted home?

Yeah, okay, we get invited fairly frequently. More to be thankful for, and I am, but just...

Wah!

I wanted to go!

Am I being immature and selfish now? Yes. But I believe I am allowed to be.

Plus, I totally flaked on my teammates!

I mean, I have an excuse... But I let them down, just the same! :(

Okay, whining done. (For now.)

So the upside of my weekend wasted in bed?

MY BABY CALLED ME!!! :D

I actually got to talk to my Gnomey for quite a while Sunday!!!

She's had a lot going on in her life recently, so getting some actual phone-time with her was a coupe!

I love that woman! She just RULES!!! xoxoxo

A much lesser up-side to my lost weekend was re-watching most of Season 1 of veronica Mars. That really was an excellent show! The DVD player in my room only plays certain discs, so I was limited as to what entertainment I could pop in and let run for hours and hours while I alternated between watching and dozing, and Veronica Mars is one of the few TV shows I can watch in there. And I had actually forgotten just how great that show is! I mean, I remember loving it, but a lot of the details and nuances are lost to memory. Plus, I've only watched most episodes once, in order, so the way I remember the show is the way it ended. (The last season wasn't really quite as strong as the first 2.)

So that's a positive.

And, honestly, talking to my Gnomey is a much preferable highlight to the weekend than an investigation. :)

But BOTH would have been REALLY great!

No comments: