Thursday, September 03, 2009

My Stupid Games...

I got caught-up on my stupid MySpace and Facebook games. :P Talking Pirates: Rule the Caribbean! and Street Racer.

I've been leaving them be for days on end lately because I've been doing other stuff. You know, things other than sitting at the computer all day! (Reading books, writing, all kinds of stuff, lol.) But every few days I'll log on and spend an hour or so getting caught-up.

And on MySpace I couldn't help revisiting the Ghost Hunter game. And I thought I'd take you through a round of play (without the graphics, sadly, even though... well, it's not really that different without the so-called game graphics, lol.)

Okay, this is what it's like playing Ghost Hunters... here we go:

I log in, and look for a new mission.

You got a call that a haunted cabin to making scary noises and scaring the neighbors

Alright! It's on! Hang on to your drawers!

Do It

That's me clicking on the "Do It" button. Exciting, right? So I click on the "Do It" button and am taken to this screen:

In Progress
You Attempt to catch the ghost of the dark cabin
1 minute, 51 seconds remaining

Now, we wait.

Exciting, right? This is just an amazing game. I click a button, wait for 2 minutes... There isn't a countdown timer as part of the display, either, so I'm literally watching the clock to see when I can check my progress.

By the way, while we wait, I'd like to point out that the bolded text is an exact replica of game play. The misspelling and weak grammar is copied exactly as it appears in the game.

Not certain, but I don't believe English is the first language of whomever created this game, lol.

Okay, 2 minutes is up. Let's see how we did...

You Successfully de-bonked this story. Finding out it was a skeaky door in a Echo room.

Rewards
XP: 120
Cash: 9

Woo-hoo! 120 experience points and $9 cash!

Makes it all worth the wait, right?

So, apparently part of the point of this game is to de-bonk things. Which is sad, really, because there are some cool games at this one Flash site that has games where you try to bonk things... So it's weird playing a game in which I'm trying to un-bonk them.

(I'm not even commenting on the "Echo room".)

Okay, this Missions are kind of boring, so let's go back Home and see what else we can do...

Recruit more people to your squad to make your attacks more powerful.

Hmm...

Okay, let's see what the Battlefield page looks like. (I've made the joke in an earlier blog entry about how odd it is to have a Battlefield and Attack option for a supposed ghost hunting game.)

Get a larger Hunters!!!

Well, let's see about getting a bigger Hunters...

Okay, this takes me to a page with others playing the game and gives me the following options for interacting with them:

Attack or Spy

And on that note, it's time to leave, lol.

You know what sucks is that with some simple random-number generator programs and even simplistic graphics (researched by someone who actually knows what paranormal investigation is) and you could do a really cool ghost hunting game! Think Clue-ish. You know, using deductive reasoning to interpret clues and come to a conclusion.

That would be AWESOME!

If I knew how to write Html and/or Java I would SO create this game!

Who knows, I might even make a killing off it!

Or not... But it would be fun, and it might be popular! Not, like, Mafia Wars popular, true. But maybe, like, Street Racer popular.

Okay, I should get back to work. It's my "Friday" and it would suck to leave my workweek on a negative note because I'm not paying attention. ;)

If I don't blog tomorrow, HAVE A SPECTACULAR WEEKEND!!!

:D

No comments: