Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Finished DUMA KEY!!! :D

I put it up there with THE STAND and SALEMS' LOT and INSOMNIA!!! This is one of King's best books ever!!!

I also put it up there with some Koontz novels: FROM THE CORNER OF HIS EYE, ONE DOOR AWAY FROM HEAVEN, and THE TAKEN!!!

The year before last I read CELL and was pleased to see than King was still rough and raw. But having read DUMA KEY, I really appreciate that King has matured, and can tell a story that is just a joy to read in and of itself!

I usually read King because I want him to scare me. But the scares mostly come late in the game in DUMA KEY. What you're left with is people that you LOVE hanging out with in a place you love inhabiting! If King didn't write horror stories, if he jst wrote fictitious drama, you'd still love his work! :D

I suspect I'll be revisiting DUMA KEY frequently, lol! :)

VERY good book!!!

Otherwise, I'm waiting for April 1st, when I'll begin the Script Frenzy and finish my current screenplay. (I've broken the story, so I just have the actual pages to write now.)

Okay, I have food cooking, so I'm going to go for now.

PEACE!!! :D

No comments: