Friday, March 07, 2008

Cruisin' Along...

Sorry I haven't really been blogging lately.

The screenplay I'm working on is coming along nicely... Not super-fast, but not slowly at all. Just this nice, even pace! :) I think this may be the first one I finish that I'm actually proud of! :D

At this moment, I'm trying to avoid the living area, where Brian is watching yesterday's episode of LOST online. I have to get ready for work soon, so I'll watch it later.

THE INTERNET RULES!!! :D

I've also been following TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNER CHRONICLES thanks to Hulu.com, and that's fun! They've also got the first 3 seasons of NEWS RADIO and the series THE CROW: STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!

HULU RULES!!!

Um... What else?

Haven't heard much from my sweetheart, so I'm guessing she's really, really busy lately. :( Poor hotty!

OOH! Brian & I are all caught up on ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, which (you guessed it) RULES!!! And I've watched the first 2 discs of Season One of ALIAS. (Another RULEr)

And I suppose that's kind of it.

Basically, I find myself thinking "I am finally sort of living the life I imagined for myself" a lot with this screenplay, as well as the Zencasts I've been listening to lately.

For example, this past Tuesday (a few days before payday) I scrounged some change and the couple of bills I had in my wallet and went to the store. Only, my gas was way low, and it was a nice evening, so I walked.

It was one of the most gorgeous walks ever! :)

The gold and violet twilight cast this golden glow over the apartments and trees, the odd family out enjoying the dusk and each other, the odd fellow walker taking their dog out.

On my path to the store I pass this old movie theater that has been closed down for maybe a decade now, but it's the same theater wherein I saw INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM the Thanksgiving after I turned 14, and where I saw myself (or, rather, failed to see myself, as I was an extra in a sea of extras) in STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY in 1991. I always wish the theater was still open, but I am always reassured somehow by the fact that it hasn't been torn down and replaced with something else.

Every step of the walk was rich and textured and beautiful!

And on my way home from the store I, once again, realized that I am living the life I imagined for myself so many years ago! That day I woke up, checked my email, worked on the script, took this gorgeous walk, and was on my way home to watch a mini-marathon of ALIAS!

THAT is LIVING! :D

The only thing missing was my Gnomey Goddess. The walk would have been indescribably more beautiful with her, and ALIAS marathon would have been more fun. (If she's into ALIAS. I haven't gotten a chance to ask her yet.)

I mean, obviously I don't make the money I hope to one day make, but that's just money. And I rent an apartment rather than owning a home, but that's not REALLY a big deal, either. The only thing missing from that perfect Tuesday was my Gnomey.

But if I just imagine she was out of town on a business trip or something and would be back home soon, that day was PERFECT.

So life is groovy! :)

And I hope you can say the same, too!!! :D

No comments: