Wednesday, May 10, 2006

As Of 1:43 a.m. Central Time...

Hola, Peeps & Peepettes!!!

I finished the third draft of the screenplay for the short flick Tommy & Brian and I plan to shoot this summer!!!

YAY, ME!!!

I'd LOVE to say that I finished it in SeconLife, like I did the first draft, but that would be a lie. Truth is I loaded it up Saturday, but I just wasn't feelin' it.

This behavior is what non-writers might call "Creative" -- as in, "No, no, he's not retarded. He's Creative..." -- and writers refer to as "Undisiplined". Or possibly, "a writer". (Apparently Douglas Adams, among others, just "didn't feel it" quite often when he had a novel due...)

So Monday night, at work -- when Tommy and Brian & I were meeting Tuesday -- I finally pulled it up and finished the second draft. Then after the production meeting I wrote the third draft, and now I've got a WHOLE WEEK OFF FROM WRITING!!!

This excites me to NO end!!!

God bless Tommy for his busy schedule! 'Cause Tommy simply can't meet with us this coming Tuesday.

And now the script is in other hands. Tommy sent the script off to two writer members of our creative Core -- Kelly (director, editor, screenwriter in L.A.) and Chuck (Playwright, Actor, theatre director and Theatre Teacher in Florida) and a third set of eyes, a screenwriter he knows, but that Brian and I haven't met yet.

So we'll be getting valuable feedback soon, to help turn our very good script into, hopefully, a GREAT script!!!

Also, part of the reason I didn't do any writing on Sunday is because I was reading THE DA VINCI CODE before the movie comes out! GREAT BOOK!!! Dan Brown writes a lot like Michael Crichton, in that his stories are taught suspenceful action mixed with thought-provoking, fact-based ideas.

I know, YOU'VE ALL read it already. I'm WAY behind everyone else.

That's cool. I don't have any problem with that. I enjoy stuff when I'm "feelin' it" and not before. I didn't get into Harry Potter until the first flick was announced... and then I had 3 novels to catch up on.

I can live with that.

BUT, how many movies are YOU gonna shoot this summer? Huh?

I didn't THINK so :)

*winks*

Pardon me, chat-lingo is seeping into ALL my written communications, thatk's to my SL habit. I now know what "afk" and "rofl" mean!!! (Btw, "brb" and "lol" were the first chat phrases I learned. Followed quickly by "lmao", "omg" and "wtf"... FYI.)

Dudes!!! If you're looking for a good read, may I suggest Kevin Smith's 9-part essay "Me And My Shadow". It's SO worth the read!!! You'll never see Jason "Jay" Mewes in the same light EVER again!!! (Or Kevin Smith, for that matter...) Dude brougth tears to my eyes more than once, and not all not all of them sad!!! You wouldn't think the "Noitch-noitch-noitch" dude could be a hero, but the portait Smith paints of his "boy"'s struggles is both heart-wrenching and inspiring!!!

Then, jump ahead to the May 9th article, "
Johnny Rotten vs. Stan Lee!"!!! I would love to have been in THAT room Tuesday night!

Have I meantioned that Eddie Izzard's SEXIE finally came in the mail?!! A couple of weeks ago, but I recommend it to anyone who likes to laugh!!! It's right up there with DRESS TO KILL as some of Izzard's very best work!!! I had to wait, like, A MONTH to get it because I ordered it from his site so it came all the way from England -- which kinda makes it COOLER, you know, in that fan-boy geek kind of way -- and it was SO worth the wait!!!

What else?

Um...

Nothing I guess. I think you're caught up: I've torn myself away from Sl long enough to write 2 more drafts of the short and read THE DA VINCI CODE and listen to the latest Eddie Izzard.

I've slept some, too.

Yep. That's about it :)

No comments: