Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SCRIPT FRENZY 2010

After taking a year off from the annual Script Frenzy contest, I'm signed-up for this year! Just a week away!

But this year I'm doing something a little different: My brother is writing with me!!! :D

Brian & I are finally hunkering down to bring a screenplay to the Finish Line! We've written several short films together, and helped each other with ideas on some animated shorts we've done, and we've created a few feature-length ideas to be co-written sometime in the unknown future.

But this April, we are actually sitting down together and co-writing a draft!!! :D Come May 1st, we will have a completed script!

That's monumental! That's, like, a step toward a new phase in life!

I mean, potentially, anyway. Brian digs story, but if he actually gets into writing then that's a new source of income for both of us! (I love writing, hate writing alone, so having a writing partner would greatly increase my output!)

Blah.

So that's the exciting thing going on in my life for the next month.

I'm tempted to say that I'll keep you updated on our progress, and I may do that, but it's also possible that writing 110 pages in 30 days will make me loathe to approach the keyboard at all if I don't have to.

So we'll see.

Meanwhile, have you been watching Castle?! Very groovy! It's the only show I'm following this season. (I'll watch everything else this summer when the DVDs come out. I'm even behind on Dollhouse.)

Okay, I need to get back to work now.

PEACE!!! :D

No comments: