Thursday, August 13, 2009

MY NEW "FRIDAY"!!!

I think I might love my new shift!!!

I recently switched days with the other overnight guy here at the station so I can have weekends off for investigating, and this is my new "Friday"! I'm off for the next three days as of 6:00am!!!

AND...

Tonight both of us overnight schlubs are working, which means that the bulk of my shift is DONE!

Previously, I would come in on Thursdays, wait around until midnight or so for my shift to really get rolling -- because there wasn't much I could do until midnight -- and then I'd work my li'l buns off till my shift was over. And that was my "Monday". Because I was working in the back.

Now I'm in the front (if you don't work here, "in the back" and "in the front" has no meaning for you, but that's okay, it doesn't have to for you to follow what I'm saying), so come midnight the hardest part of my shift is behind me and I'm, more or less, relaxing and babysitting the station!

SAH-WEET, DUDE!!!

This, my first week working this new shift, has been challenging pretty much from the time I get in until the time I leave work. (I'm slipping into a new groove here.) But I just realized that this new groove means that right now, this moment here, I get to chill for most of the rest of my shift!!! :D

Things will pick up after 4:00am until around 5:30am, then the last half hour should be absolutely boring! :) (In the good way.)

GUESS WHAT!

It's after midnight now. My Gnomey Goddess agreed to be my girlfriend 3 years ago today!!! THREE YEARS!!! :D ♥ ♥ ♥

Can you believe any woman would put up with me for 3 years?!! I mean, I'm guessing living on different continents helps her out a great deal, so she's got that going for her. But she still has to put up with the ridiculous emails and phone calls and all that crap from me, lol.

Patience of a saint, that woman has, bless her! :)

Okay, I'm going to go see if I can text her with my new phone. (Her phone never received text messages from my old phone, but maybe this new one will work.)

Hope your Friday is smooth and easy, and I hope you have a MAGNIFICENT weekend!!!

No comments: