Saturday, February 05, 2011

TISHA In Austin!!!

So last night around 2:00am I'm watching Jeeves & Wooster (a new Brit-Com discovery for Brian and myself) and my phone rings.

Who is calling me when I'm actually awake and able to talk?

IT'S TISHA!!! :D

She and some friends drove down to see Skrillex at Austin Music Hall tonight (they're there as I type), and she was winding down for the evening and suddenly realized, "I'm in Austin!"

So we caught up a bit and made plans for breakfast around 1:00pm today.

She got up around noon (early for her, she informed me; and I didn't have to tell her it was early for me) and called me to plans for food. She was coordinating with her friends, trying to figure out some place cheap: "Wendy's? Wendy's is fine by me. (pause) We're in Austin. (pause; then speaking to me) Thundercloud Subs."

I dig the image in my head that one of her entourage asked "Where are we?" and then, discovering they were in Austin, decided they needed Thundercloud! (I have no idea if that's how it played out, but I like to think it is.)

It worked out nicely because I set my alarm for noon (when Tisha and her friends were planning to wake up) and I tried to get to sleep around 3:00am...

I ended up finally falling asleep around 4:00am. But that's still a triumph for me! On work nights -- when 9:00am is a desirable time to meet Morpheus -- I often don't pass out until 11:00am or later. So getting to sleep so early was awesome!

Then I slept for about an hour and a half, woke up from a really cool dream, obeyed Nature, then went back to sleep and repeated this twice more. I finally woke up around 9:30am with a brilliant idea for the novel Brian and I are co-writing, and I finally ran out of stuff to write about the time my alarm clock went off!

Then Tisha's wake-up call.

A WONDERFUL way to start the day off!!!

So I was showered, shaved, dressed and on the road a little after 1:30pm when Tisha called to say that they were going to eat at some of those parked food trucks on South Congress (near Lucy in Disguise with Diamonds).

Then, about 5 minutes later, she called back to say they were eating at Homes Slice Pizza.

Ah, to be young and spontaneous again! :)

When I got there, I roamed around a bit and played Cell-Phone Tag with Tish until she finally told me they were actually outside More Home Slice Pizza! (I had only just learned of Home Slice Pizza! I had no idea there was also a More Home Slice Pizza! (And how COOL is that idea!))

So we finally located each other and Tish introduced me to her boyfriend and her friends -- all of whom are VERY groovy folks!!! -- and she warned me that they may, any or all of them, spontaneously burst into English accents throughout the day.

I didn't mention that Brian and I are currently watching the complete series of Jeeves & Wooster (or that our discovery of Jeeves & Wooster was the result of my finally breaking down and reading several of P. G. Wodehouse's stories and novels originating those characters) but I did favor them with my limited range British dialects (you know: posh, Londoner, more southerly England) and they approved.

And I wasn't the one to brag about my British hottie this time; it was Tisha! :D (Thank you, Gnomey, for making me a little bit cool in my daughter's eyes!!!)

Then we set about strolling up Congress and popping in some of the shops.

It was a groovy day!

Photobucket

I'm sad to say that I hadn't seen Tisha for...well, it seems like a year or more! It was really cool to get to spend some time with her!!! And her friends; Tisha always hangs with cool folks! It reminded me of cruising around the mall in the '80s with my buds. (Except -- a note for readers that are 40 or older -- the term "bud" has a different meaning now than it used to.)

The only drawback to this day is that it is now 9:55pm, and I ant to go to sleep.

I shouldn't go to sleep. I should stay up until at least 6:00am so that tomorrow isn't such a fight to get back into my normal sleep schedule. But I may go ahead and crash out and worry about the consequences tomorrow.

Am I terrible? Am I terribly old? ;P

I'm not really concerned. I GOT TO HANG OUT WITH TISHA TODAY!!!

:D

No comments: