Monday, October 04, 2010

UNHOLY SMOKES!!!

I have a new favorite videogame:

LEFT 4 DEAD!!! :D

It's like Resident Evil back when RE was mostly about fighting zombies!!!

The fact that I'm a fan is kind of funny because I've had this game for quite a while now, and I'm only just now playing it.

I bought it near the beginning of the year. I had purchased a USB controller for my 2 newest Tomb Raider PC games (2 od the Crystal Dynamics titles), and I was loving them so much now that I could play them the right way (the keyboard/mouse way wasn't working right, like with the old Edios games) that I decided to look for a Horror title. Left 4 Dead 2 was being advertised at work all the time, so I thought I'd try out the first one.

It sucked! Even with this amazing new controller I had, it was all but impossible to manipulate!

So I let the game sit...

Then, maybe a weak ago, two different friends told me that they could play the game just fine with the keyboard/mouse.

So I finally tried it...

...and OMG!!! AWESOME!!!

It had never occurred to me that some newer games might still be designed for old-school maneuverability! (THOSE are some visionary cats there!)

So now I have a new zombie game! And an AWESOME ONE, too!!! It's more what I hoped RE would grow into, but CapCom went in a different direction. (You're killing more human-like creatures now. They're just sick people, not really zombies.)

It's like I'm in the most badass Romero flick ever! (Except for 2 things: These zombies run, and they're infected with a "zombie virus"; Romero would never let his zombies run, and zombification isn't an infection, as many people assume. In Romero's world, zombie bites kill you like any other bite would, and once you're dead, your corpse is reanimated by whatever reanimated all the corpses in the first place; but it's not a virus.)

Um...

I did some other cool stuff this weekend, too...but I'm kind of still buzzin' on my zombie-shootin' high at the moment.

No comments: