Tuesday, June 29, 2010

MST3K ON HULU!!!

That's right: If you live in America and can watch streaming online video, LIFE JUST GOT BETTER!!!

The amazing and wonderful and hysterical Mystery Science Theater 3000 is NOW ON HULU!!!

The timing of this is a bit odd for me because I have been watching MST3K DVDs for a month or so lately. Netflix has a great selection of them, plus I own several of them already. And after several weekends of MST3K, my li'l bro' and I (naturally) moved onto Cinematic Titanic DVDs and RiffTrax (both the MP3s that you listen to while you watch your DVDs, and the DVDs they have available, too, because Netflix has some of them and because I bought some of them recently)!

So to log into Hulu and find that they are now carrying MST3K was AWESOME!!! So now I might be able to watch some of those flicks that weren't released in the DVD collections! (I'm still dying to see Time of the Apes! I have a bootleg from their KTMA days, but I never saw the Comedy Central version, and Netflix doesn't have it.)

Also, if you're a fan of Shawn of the Dead, you can watch the BBC series that first introduced us to the genius of Simon Pegg and Edgar Weight: Spaced!!! :D Edgar wasn't a writer on the show, it was written by Pegg and co-star Jessica Stevenson, but you can totally see how the comedic collaboration on Series 1 & 2 of Spaced evolved into the cinematic genius of and Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz! The TV show has that same irreverent, frenetic sensibility of the flicks that would come later. :D

Sad news for my Gnomey-Goddess, though: It appears that Hulu can only be accessed in the States. :(

I had mentioned it to her a couple of times, but she didn't seem to know what it was, then I recently read something (it may have been the Wikipedia entry) that said that Hulu was limited to the U.S., which is a bummer. There is so much GOODNESS on there, we should share it with the world!!!

But then, I supposed that would compromise distribution rights (or something boring like that).

And that's kind of a shame, because I would like nothing more than to maybe Skype my Gnomey and set up a date night where we both watched an MST3K together or something! (Nerd? Me?)

Still...my little world just got a bit brighter! :)

And I hope yours will, too!

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000, FTW!!!

No comments: