Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Energy Never Dies!!! :D

I'm supposed to be working now, but I had to drop in to say that THE BLACK EYED PEAS FRAKKIN' ROCK!!!

:D

I actually started paying attention to them back in 2004 (if I remember correctly) with either the song "Let's Get Retarded" (not the sanitized-for-folks-who-don't-have-a-sense-of-humor version "Let's Get It Started"!) OR "Where Is The Love". I don't recall which song really got my attention, but one of them did and I snagged a copy of Elephunk AND FELL IN LOVE!!!

These cats are AMAZING! The tone of their music is a perfect reflection of my life philosophy: Have fun, there's deep and important stuff out there and it should be a part of our everyday life, and we should be having ridiculous amounts of fun at the same time! I mean, on the same album they have the astoundingly fun, cool songs "Let's Get Retarded" and "Smells Like Funk", and then the cap the album off with astoundingly moving (and important, in my opinion) couplet of songs "Anxiety" and "Where Is The Love"!!!

THAT, my friends, is a DEEP-ASS ALBUM!!!

BEP music celebrates life in the most irreverent, jubilant way at the same time it strives to broaden human consciousness!!! And granted, there's plenty of music that seems to be trying to wake us up to important issues, but no one else (except, perhaps, System of a Down) can make you want to change the world at the same time they have you laughing and dancing yourself silly!

BEP is just the most metaphysical musical experience since church-camp sing-a-longs when I was a kid! :P

And they've done it AGAIN!!!

With The Energy Never Dies (or The E.N.D.) Black Eyed Peas have friggin' topped themselves!!! This may be the greatest badn EVER! I kid you not!

I'm trying to listen to the whole album, but I can't get past the first 5 songs, lol! I just keep jumping back to the beginning of the album and listening from the start again. In particular, "Boom Boom Pow", "Rock That Body", "Meet Me Halfway" and "I've Got A Feeling" may be the greatest songs ever written. I'm certain "Meet Me Halfway" and "I've Got A Feeling" are, for sure! Right up there with "Let's Get Retarded" and "Anxiety" and "The Apl Song"!

And I've just spent... well... let's say "too much time" just now reading about BEP's background and its members, and I still just can't get enough information. The music is so compelling, so important and yet so fun, that the individuals behind the music must be truly magical beings! I mean, it's one thing to be spiritually and intellectually enlightened, but to be enlightened AND be fun and irreverent?!! THAT is nearing Godhood!

Okay, I really, really should be working, so I'm signing off for now.

Check out the Peas yourself, when you have a couple of minutes!

1 comment:

October's Daughter said...

Wow. I had better put away the Radiohead or things could get ugly. :-D

L.